Our website has been designed to meet our community’s accessibility needs. We have implemented features and conventions to ensure our residents can view our information easily.
Our website is designed to be compliant with worldwide standards for disability access. The site is W3C Level AA compliant.
We have attempted to keep PDF downloads to a minimum, however there are certain instances where PDFs are necessary. We have used Adobe Acrobat Version 7 for our PDFs. Download Adobe Reader. We are gradually implementing HTML versions of PDF documents across our to increase accessibility.
Different browsers undertake magnification in different processes. You can increase or decrease the font-size by using your preferred browser’s in-built functionality. Details on how to increase the font size for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome are below.
Internet Explorer (IE 7 and above)
- Click on ‘page’ on the top right hand corner of your browser window.
- Select ‘text size’
- Select your preferred size (largest, larger, medium, small, smallest)
- The new font size will be applied to the Brimbank City Council site.
- Select ‘Tools’ from the menu bar
- Click on ‘Options’
- Click on the ‘Content’ tab
- Change the font to your preferred size and click ‘OK’
- Click on the “Customise and Control Google Chrome” button in the tool bar (At the top right of the page; it has three horizontal lines)
- A drop down list will appear.
- Use the “Zoom” function which has plus (“+”) and minus (“-“) signs to alter the size of text
Our site’s design is simple and easy to navigate. Our major services have been placed on the homepage so you can easily access the information that you require using the large menu drop downs.