Would you like to:
- understand your teen?
- communicate effectively with your teen?
- help your teen manage their emotions?
- prevent behaviour challenges in your teen?
- support your teen to manage conflict effectively?
Our seven-week Tuning in to Teens program teaches parents how to help their teen develop emotional intelligence.
Teenagers with higher emotional intelligence:
- have more stable and satisfying relationships
- are better at managing peer pressure
- have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- have greater success at making friends
- are more able to manage conflict
- have greater career success.
The course will cover:
- emotional intelligence and why it’s important
- the five steps of emotion coaching
- different parenting styles
- anger and conflict management
- problem solving
- emotional self-care.
“It has made me a calmer parent and my child is calmer and we feel closer to each other. She is also better able to manage her behaviour.” “The practical resources to use at home make a real difference.”
Wednesday 6.00pm – 8.00pm, July 13 – August 24 PROGRAM FULL
Thursday 10.00am – 12.00pm, July 14 – August 25 PROGRAM FULL
To be placed on the waiting list please fill in the EOI form below. New dates TBC.
Where: Online via Zoom
We request that you attend all seven sessions.
An extra booster session may be held in the two months following the conclusion of the group.
Please note: This group may not be appropriate for all parents. Please contact us if your family is experiencing family violence, significant mental health issues or child protection issues. We will talk to you about your circumstances and whether this group is suitable for you.
A FREE program for parents/carers/young people who live, work, study or have some connection to Brimbank.
Register your interest via form below
For more information please call or email our Wellbeing and Belonging Team: