Brimbank Youth Strategy 2020-24
Brimbank City Council’s Brimbank Youth Strategy 2020-24 addresses the needs of young people aged 10 to 25 years, who live, study, socialise or work in Brimbank. The Strategy recognises the key role young people play in shaping our communities and society now and into the future.
In developing the strategy, consultation occurred with a broad range of stakeholders including:
• Young people
• Brimbank youth service stakeholders
• Western Melbourne local government youth service teams
• State wide youth services agencies
The Strategy will work towards the achievement of three key aims for young people in Brimbank:
• A Sense of Belonging: Young people have a strong sense of pride and belonging to their communities, culture and identity.
• Empowered Participation: Young people are valued members of the community and are empowered to lead conversations around change.
• Healthy and Well: Young people have equitable and timely access to health and wellbeing services to meet their specific needs.
The Aims of the Strategy are underpinned by three main Guiding Principles:
• Committed to excellence in practice
• Innovative, creative and open to new approaches