HELLO YOUTHLINKS! IN THIS NEWSLETTER YOU WILL A RANGE OF OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND WORKERS THAT SUPPORT YOUNG PEOPLE.
Youthlinks has previously been sent as an email to our mailing list. NOW we will be sharing this resource live on our news page / blog!
In this newsletter you will find:
- Youth voice opportunities
- Events and opportunities
- Surveys and Research opportunities
Youth voice opportunities
- Brimbank Youth Services has opened recruitment for its Brimbank Youth Council 2024! This is for young people aged 12-25 who have a connection to Brimbank and it provides an opportunity for young people to have a say in their community and represent their peers in Brimbank! Apply here by 4 February.
- Today and VicHealth are running some workshops to brainstorm creative ideas for how young people learn about the risks of vaping. They are seeking young people aged 12-16 to participate in four co-design workshops in early January and be paid $80/hour. Apply here by 20 December.
Events and opportunities
- STREAT has a range of events in store ahead of their 2024 programs, called Taste of STREAT, a 2-hour information, networking and pizza session run by STREAT Youth Programs for Team Leaders and Managers of relevant referral services who are keen to learn more about STREAT’s programs. Apply for either date for this event here:
- Thursday 8 February, 11AM-1PM
- Friday 9 February, 10:30AM-12:30PM
- Prevention United has written a new paper calling on the Federal government to create a National Centre for Youth Wellbeing and a Youth Wellbeing Grants Scheme that will support grassroots, State-based, and national organisations focused on the promotion of youth mental wellbeing, the prevention of mental health conditions and building young people’s mental health literacy. You can read the paper here and executive summary here.
- Brotherhood of St Laurence is running a pilot next year for families of a child age 0-5 with developmental concerns (who aren’t eligible for an NDIS plan). We will see them for 20 sessions across year. If you have any families who may be appropriate for this pilot then please get in touch. I have attached the flyer for further information. Flyer.
- batyr is a preventative mental health organisation for young people and will be offering free programs to schools in 2024. Check out their program details:
- Melbourne City Mission will commence their outpost at The Youth Junction Inc. on Thursday 9th November in the Fishbowl. They will be based at the service weekly and will have workers rotating weekly through their restart, detour and reconnect programs. Learn more here.
- Tiny Towns Fund is providing grants of up to $50,000 to deliver community infrastructure in Victorian towns with under 5,000 people. This can include playgrounds, hiking trains and public art. Apply here by 25 February 2024.
- The Children’s Voices for Change Project is seeking children and young people aged 10 to 25, who have lived experience of family violence, to take part in an online activity to help understand what constitutes effective supports for children and young people as victim-survivors of family violence in their own right. Complete online survey here by 22 December 2023.
- YDAS and the disabled young people they work with need the help of the youth sector to capture the voices and experiences of NDIS participants who are aged 12-25. They are asking disabled young people who are NDIS participants from anywhere in Australia to complete this survey by end of December.
For more information about the above opportunities, please get in touch with us at email@example.com